Thursday, September 10, 2009

Plan of attack...

I will not say the names of the people and companies that I am applying for because I simply feel that it is not up to my discretion to help formulate your opinion of these people or companies due to what I write.

1) A friend of my old boss and mentor Karen is well connected with the PR agency I applied for, for the internship position. I was just introduced to her by Karen via email and will begin soaking up as much information as possible in an effort to help land an internship with the right firm.

2) As you may already know, my last two classes, to finish my degree, didn't finish on time and of course didn't make it to USC in time for me to begin this fall for the Masters in Strategic Public Relations program. So I have to wait another year. Bright side? Yes there is one, one of the coordinators of the program was amazing enough to help me throughout the whole process and really got to see who I was seven months ago and what I have grown into now. She saw me jump hurdle after hurdle and still I have yet to give up. She may not be able to vouch for my talent and ability (Karen can and does vouch for that) but she can vouch for my work ethic and the passion I have for PR.

3) Craigslist.com has a few job listings for internship positions in PR agencies.
.............................................................................................................

So with those three in mind I intend to:


1) Write back to the friend of Karen and see what she can suggest.

2) Make a run down to USC this week and speak to (lets call her the USC lady) the USC lady about being a reference for me, which I am sure she gladly will.

3) Make a few phone calls and try and set up an interview or two, with reputable PR agencies.

Let you know how it goes. I'll keep you guys updated!


George Navarro

No comments:

Post a Comment